Happy New Year!! I know I said I wouldn’t be back until Jan. 2nd but I’m just way too excited not to share MY NEW BLOG with you all!! YAY!! 2012 is off to a good start – I’ve actually already published 4 posts over there!!
So, here we are. New year and NEW BLOG! What do you think? I decided to start the new year off hosting my own blog again. If you’ve been following my blogs for the last few years you’ll know that I kind of accidentally deleted my blog back in 2009. I went back to wordpress.com and have been happily blogging since. 2011 was my best blogging year yet and 2012 is already promising to be a stellar year! So, I’m taking control of my blog again and allowing myself to have more design control by hosting it myself. Now, fingers crossed, I can keep this one in tact! Joking, I’m totally not going to delete this one. Ha! Anyways, I’m still in the progress of working out some bugs, so if you see anything funny please don’t hesitate to let me know.
I LOVE my new space! Please head over to my new blog and update your e-mail subscriptions and RSS feed subscriptions! Thank you all for following along this past year! It’s been a lot of fun and 2012 is going to be an even better year for blogging!
PLEASE NOTE: I will no longer be posting to this blog. I am however keeping it up for now as I decide if I want to try to transfer all of these posts over to my new blog.
Hello! I just wanted to pop-in to say Happy Holidays! I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend – I know I did! I will be back to regular posting January 2nd after ringing in 2012! Best wishes to all!
In case you’re wondering, I spent the night at my sister’s house Christmas Eve and her tree lights were purple! I’ve never seen purple Christmas lights before. Apparently my niece is going through a purple phase and everything must me purple. So cute!
Here are 10 things I learned during the 10 week class:
1. I LOVE laying out type. It’s really calming.
2. I do NOT like putting type away. Ha!
4. Rounded corners are growing on me – mostly because I like using the machine. It has a fun pedal.
5. DO NOT leave the inking rollers down when you’re not running the press. Not only will the ink dry faster and rollers suffer needless wear, but your instructor will make you recite this golden rule in front of the class. Three times. Oops!
6. I really like the consistency of the ink, especially when you roll it out by hand until it reaches the perfect “orange peel” consistency. Ah, I miss the print shop…
7. Ink should really be allowed to dry for at least 24 hrs. I’m way too impatient.
8. There is something so rewarding about making something with your hands from start to finish.
9. Genesee Center for the Arts is a great local organization. If you live in or around ROC you should definitely check out their list of classes. Perhaps I’ll have to check out one of the pottery classes next!
10. LETTERPRESS IS FUN!!!!!!
I miss being in the print shop! I’m very much looking forward to the Spring so I can take the second part of the class – but, I’m not wishing away the next few months by any means. I want to take 2012 nice and slow. 2011 went by way too fast!
Actor Jason Schwartzman drops his friend off at LACMA and keeps walking along Wilshire because he doesn’t like museums. He is surprised by John Baldessari’s light projected head. Baldessari’s head follows him and explains ones taste for art matures likes one taste for cheese. Jason escapes Baldessari and runs into Jeff Garland at Rays and Stark bar. Jason tries to convince Jeff that Baldessari’s head is following him to which Jeff says I don’t see him but don’t complain as he’s a master artist. So Jason walks along while Baldessari educates him on art, cubism, impressionists, Broadway Boogie Woogie and tells Schwartzman not to be intimidated of museums because art is fun. Soundtrack is “Any Fun” on Davy album by Jason’s band Coconut records.
Have you seen this video of Jason Schwartzman and John Baldessari yet? It’s pure bliss. Check out Pacific Standard Time for more info. What a smart initiative!
thanks for the heads up Jessica!
Readers can post their predictions in categories of Computation, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation & Lifestyle, and Communication. You can then vote on the likeliness of the predictions coming true and change the predicted date if you see fit.
So, will there be a telepathic society by 2280? I think not. WiFi to the brain, Robot Wars, cash is outlawed, curing cancer, flying cars, A.I. government…yikes! What do you think? Do you have your own predictions?